Whoa Mama

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Bagel Jay's

So instead of making breakfast this morning, I tossed them in the car and went to Bagel Jay's. It is their favorite place. Some of the women know Sammy by name and occassionally slip him something large and sugary.

The boys were very very good. Likely because they were hungry, but whatever the cause, I'll take it!

We got settled into our table and Sammy started examining the enormous collage of pictures on the wall. He said, "I spy with my little eye something that started with an F that is between Pop Wilks and a girl." It should be said that I had had no coffee yet. My brain hurt. "What?????", I stammered. He pointed to the wall, to a picture of Bagel Jay himself, who does sport a bushy moustache like Pop Wilks, with about 10 of the people who work at the store. The woman standing next to him is Sammy's favorite of the favorite women, who he refers to as "My Friend". Get it?

A few minutes later, Sammy got blushy and goofy and whispered, "look what I see next to the striped woman."
"What do you see?" I asked.
"Look. It's growing into an adult".
"Are you talking about the girl in the pink?"
"yesssss"
It was about an 11-year old girl who was clearly taller than him but shorter than her mom. I think he had a little crush.

Then, we got to be the people that *didn't* spill things. An older gentleman behind us dumped his coffee then in quick succession, his water too. Sammy was a little alarm. Aidan and Noah stared, but were easily distracted. I finally said to Sam, "do you want to get him some napkins? He thought about it for a few minutes and I thought he forgot. Without saying anything, he hopped off his chair and went to get napkins. He walked right up to the man and gave him the napkins.

And finally when they decided they were ready to leave, each boy took his plate with whatever bagel was left and paraded out the door.

I have a bad feeling they're going to wake up from nap with horns fully protruding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home