Whoa Mama

Sunday, February 25, 2007

on the wrong side

We were on our way home when I told the boys that when we got home it was naptime. Setting expectations, not tough stuff, avoids the confrontation, rudimentary psychology...I get it!

And it worked like a charm, Sammy, tired and off his schedule (school vacation) lost it! Came unglued like a Dollar Store Elmers knock-off! I let him go about his fit while I quietly enjoyed the last few minutes of Ben Harper on Sirius...hmmmmm... and prepped to get home. We pull in the driveway, he gets out of the car, runs to the house and LOCKS THE DEADBOLT!!!

Here is where things really hit the fan. He runs to his room. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he had an "oh shit" moment and decided to bolt. His temperament simply isn't such that he'd run off cackling. Remember how we've moved. Yea. No keys to the deadbolt. Thank god we live in a neighbor hood where everything is unlocked, including the other door.

In the middle of all this, I'm laughing. It WAS funny and maddening, but really funny and thinking I couldn't wait to get in so I could call my brother to tell him because he would appreciate it most.

And here's a gratuitous cute pic.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home