Whoa Mama

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gingerbread House

Scott had a day of rehearsal followed by performances yesterday. So it was me and the entourage all day. Oh what to do?? Movies? Noggin? Kids OnDemand? NickJr.com? NO! Gingerbread house!!!!!

Sam & I prepped on Saturday with $30 worth of juju bees, necco wafers and melty mints. I pre-baked the g-bread so as not to have hovering, impatient designers breathing down my neck. Then Sunday a.m., I enlisted the engineer's assistance before he deserted me.





Problem #1, assembly. I thought I had gone to the right source. This man builds multi-million dollar buildings. At one point, as the walls were oozing away from one another, he actually muttered, "mmmm, that doesn't make sense."


Finally, it seemed like we were close, when, "Daddy, what are you doing?". "Yes, Noah, you can have a taste"




"What is Noah tasting?"




"OOooooo, Gingerbread house! Mommy, when are we decorating? Mommy, where are the treats? Mommy, we have treats? Mommy, can I have a snack? Mommy, when can we eat the gingerbread house? Mommy, how does it stick together? Mommy, when can I help? Mommy, is Daddy done yet? Mommy, I want to do it now. Mommy, can I lick it now? Mommy, where's Daddy going? Honey, I'm leaving...."


So for the next hour, we frosted everything and everyone and decorated to our hearts content and:







HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!! Gotcha! Here's what we *really* made! Please note the left side of the roof mysteriously rising up from its wall?!






And now I give you, sugar buzzed children! Noah hasn't yet gotten his fill. Aidan is giving a prayer of thanks for all of his treats. Sammy is just too happy for words.




This is a snowman.




This is Noah's dog house. The bits of candy jammed in there are puppies. There is a candy cane chimney on top.





And from now until Christmas they can do this.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home