Whoa Mama

Friday, March 31, 2006

Dream Job

I am up for the sake of being up with nothing else demanding my time, energy or focus after a really really busy week. I worked myself blind this week doing three GNOs, a Girl Scout meeting and a marketing event. We've been to Stroller Strides twice, spend one afternoon at the zoo, Sammy's learned to read several new words, Aidan drew a cow, Noah chose his favorite animal, I've run a cumulative of 10 miles this week. Today I worked an eight hour day (in two shifts) out of the house, in addition to being up at 5:30 am, walking the dog, making breakfast, prepping lunch, and loving the stink out of my boys.

I'm feeling gratified, tired and motivated. I'm unbelievable grateful for being able to be a stay-at-home mom. Those boys would have to just get along without pants. It is still socially unacceptable for me to be without them. There would just not be enough time to do all the laundry that just bearly gets done as things are. So if I had to squeeze in laundry before 8am and after 6pm, somebody would have to do without pants. Sorry boys!!

Being out of the house all this morning, I assumed that the boys would neither notice or really care. After nap, Sammy, who has been known to flat out ignore me in the interest of giving Daddy all of his love and attention, curled up in my lap and said, "Mommy, I missed missed missed you. I was wishing you would read me a train story. You weren't here." That noise you hear is my heartstrings going flat from all the tugging.

So at the end of this week, at the end of this month, I am so glad that my little home-based business is growing. Today reminded me of why. And it's not because of the pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home