Whoa Mama

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

We went to pick raspberries this morning. We were a little late in the season, but my kids pick berries with the gusto of the Cider House Rules crew so I figured they'd make the best of what was left. Driving along, brainlessly listening to Kidstuff, Channel 116 on Sirius as Sammy frequently requests, it occurs to me that I do spend quite a bit of mindless time. I'm not any longer actively involved in academics or regular profession, my reading is usually by osmosis b/c the book (even the most captivating historical fiction) is usually on my sleeping face, my news intake is summed up on the home page of MSN, and my capacity for response to the Harry Potter finale was "I liked it", unlike the intellectual responses of our friends . I don't think I've gone dumb, just dull.

From this realization, I affirmed that I am juggling rather a lot, regularly going to the gym, working on starting another business, and oh yea, raising children. Sammy interrupted this patting of my ego by reading street signs and telling me which was I would go if I wanted to go to New Haven. Well, if my brain is on hiatus, at least theirs are headed in the right direction. I flipped the mirror down to see Noah & Aidan. Aidan was reading a book. He's so smart. Noah was sticking his fingers in his ears and taking them out and putting them in and taking them out. Two out of three isn't bad.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to remember doing exactly what Noah was doing while riding in the car with my family. I was also fascinated by the passing of power lines and their wonderful pattern.

 
At 11:39 PM , Blogger mollymaureen said...

I hope that when I am juggling three kids, a recent move, work, house work, etc..... I still manage to make my lazy butt go to the gym.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home