Whoa Mama

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

10 Weeks and 7 pounds into Weight Watchers, I went to the Self magazine website for a splash of inspiration. It is loaded with playlist suggestions for a workout, from Beethoven to Beyonce. And with one quick key stroke you can purchase them all iTunes. Grrrrr.

It should also be said that while I am open to lots of new music, when I'm exercising I don't want any surprises. So I took a stab at a mix of music that I like in varying rhythms to accommodate for a speed and resistance-combined elliptical workout. It has been fun to find out that I can actually get moving to something other than club re-mixes.

400 calories in 35 minutes (i.e. 4 activity points in WW language)!!!!! Here's my choices, love 'em, hate 'em. Whatever. They're workin' for me:

Sailin' Shoes - Hey Hey Julia - Sneakin' Sally - Robert Palmer
Son of a Preacher Man - Joan Osbourne
Dark Hollow - Jeb Loy Nichols
She's Got Her Ticket - Tracy Chapman
Bring Me Some Water - Melissa Ethridge & Joan Osbourne (live)
Like The Way I Do - Melissa Etheridge
Steal My Kisses - Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals

I may pop in Chemical Party by Gavin DeGraw as a warm up.
Cecelia, by Simon & Garfunkel is on there too, but I haven't lasted that long yet.

Confused??? Let me explain.
Sailin' Shoes is over nine minutes long and by the time you get to "...tryin to talk double talk, get-myself-in-trouble-talk, catchin' myself in lies..." that you are panting and sweating. Next, crank up the resistance to S of PM and so goes the mix. This is definitely not a running/walking mix b/c it's all over the place. Anyway, have fun!


1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM , Blogger Cecilia said...

every mix should start with Cecilia by Simon and Garfunkle, in my opinion...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home