Whoa Mama

Friday, January 25, 2008

Yay!! Lyme Disease!!!





Being a fairly neglectful dog mommy, I waited to call the vet when Rocky started coughing. I thought, well, we are all hacking our guts up, why not him too? Fast forward to when Rocky suddenly cannot stand up. He's a100lb chocolate lab; I'm sure it's hip dysplasia. I've got my fears about where this is headed...

The vet couldn't see him until the day after I called. In the meantime, Rocky had to be carried outside and stopped eating. Research I'd read about hip dysplasia was not optimistic and included hip replacement!

I've rarely been so happy as when I heard the words LYME DISEASE aka treatable!!! He is already better, less than 24 hours later and has been quickly up and down the stairs, is eating and seems to be almost his own self.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM , Blogger mollymaureen said...

YAY. We Love Rocky.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger jules said...

Ada sends Rocky a big "get well" hug!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home