Whoa Mama

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

where to start

At the risk of blog-plagery, {http://ginandbridget.blogspot.com/} I have started spending my fantasy millions that I will win from MegaMillions tonight. Unlike my fabulous cousin, I would not retreat to my own island, for very long. There would be loads of sharing, no shortage of beach access, and I probably would not shop at the consignment shop any longer.

The most satisfying epiphany is that I'm totally happy. The barrels of money would put my kids and probably the kids of everyone we know through private school and college. But, we would still live in Buffalo, most of the time. I'd still be a stay-at-home mom, I'd still change diapers, make meals, sing songs, give baths, teach letters and numbers, send them to the dining room chair. I'd still look forward to the peace that Scott and I enjoy when they all go to bed. Truly very little would change.

My kids just might be the only kids in their school who took regular holidays to their own french castle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home