Whoa Mama

Monday, November 13, 2006

Sybil

It’s official. The decision is made. The word is out. We are taking an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to re-establish Scott’s career in construction management and at the same time provide some truly fantastic opportunities for our family. We are taking the job.

And relocating our family to Connecticut.

I am in anguish. I am thrilled. I am bipolar.

I cannot believe that we have to leave. I am crushed that all of the family, role models, family-by-relationship-not-by-blood, friends that we’ve woven into a beautiful fabric around our lives will no longer be part of our everyday. I have a big brother, sisters, lifelong friends, the Golfing Grammas that I will be heating up the phone lines to because they, among others, are my unwavering pillars of love and support.

There are innumerable of positives. I will sing praises far and wide - later. I really am looking forward to the changes that will benefit us all. Aidan & Noah will get to know their betrothed. There are cousins, aunts, uncles, surrogate family, not to mention POP WILKS who will be part of our everyday.

Today, I have to clean, purge, pack, all the while maintaining storytime, track construction, meals, naptime, discipline. And try not to cry.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 AM , Blogger Gina said...

You guys have to stop blogging about it b/c you're making me cry at work :-) at 7:15am ... i've barely had coffee yet...

 
At 10:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a great mom, I'm sure you'll be able to do it all with panache. Meanwhile, don't worry about where you'll live, Ella and Tess are out doing drive-bys of all the houses for sale in Mansfield.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home