Whoa Mama

Monday, September 25, 2006

Literary Appreciation


Aidan and Noah may have finally stopped ripping up books. We've gone through all sorts of discipline, finally taking all the books away, spirited away behind closed doors and doled them out like coveted treats. I have to put the books on top of the armoire when I leave their room at naptime. They developed a habit of tearing to ribbons any book in their presence when behind closed doors. This is not the sort of academic stimiulation we've been hoping to instill in our children.

Well, I think we're on the cusp of success. It may be our superior parenting techniques have taken hold, it may be that Sammy has started to read to them or perhaps it's
their newly developed crushes on Frances and Madeline:

1. Several times recently, the boys have been reading to each other or to themselves. Then actually closing the book peacefully when they are through.

2. Today, I left Sam's new Curious George book in their room at naptime (doh! I suck) But when they woke up, they settled themselves in with George and happily read until I came in!

3. My most favorite moment this week was, not only because I think they are actually enjoying their books again, but also because it was really stinkin' funny. I finished reading, "If You Give a Pig a Pancake", Noah leaned back, tucked his hands behind is head and sighed, "Love dat toy-ree"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home