Whoa Mama

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gratitude

I promise to get to the meals post. It should shape up to be a good one.

In the meantime, I'm just sharing this piece from NPR. This is the same listener commentator that I heard this morning and will share that link when it becomes available. She seems to be as weighty as I am feeling these days. This particular piece is about "getting real" and I like her style. Today's piece though, brought me to the side of the road in tears.

Gratitude was the topic. The message was delivered by telling of her friend who lost her husband to brain cancer at the age of 39. The author spoke of admiration for her friend's dignity, grace and substance throughout her grieving process. The piece ended with her friend,
two years after her husband's death, repeating a sentiment that they often shared with one another, "We are so lucky. We both married such wonderful men". In these changing and uncertain times, I spend a lot of energy focusing on gratitude and it should be said that the shining star in the constellation of blessings and gifts in my life is my husband. Thank you, Amy, for the reminder.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home