Whoa Mama

Sunday, March 15, 2009

purgatory - part one

Styles, preferences, personalities, experience, mood. Many many things affect one's leadership style. All can be successful...or not.

Recently at the drudgery I affectionately refer to as "purgatory", the manager came blustering out of his office, growling at the two of us sitting there, "Why are this week's results different than last week's"


I'm thinking, oh I don't know, maybe because you treat people poorly, meet one success with the recognition of "now make it two" (not making that up), allow your
foul-mouthed support staff to treat everyone like something scraped off the shoe, fired the blind lady without proper cause and have provided zero training to accomplish the objectives with which we are charged.

The poor girl next to me, who is the last one left in the office besides for me, begins to answer with, "Well"

And he pounced, hollering an edict from what I can only believe came from the Mike Ditka guide to management, "I DON'T WANT EXCUSES. EXCUSES ARE FOR LOSERS." I actually laughed out loud. When he glared at me, I laughed harder upon realizing that he was serious.

When I texted this story to Scott, he responded with :



Leaders are like eagles. We don't have either of them here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home