Whoa Mama

Thursday, February 24, 2011

(sigh)

Long ago, "Three Under Three Feet" was renamed "Whoa Mama" because my young 'uns were no longer all under three feet.

Tonight, I was tucking the twins in and listening to a rattling noise. I asked Sammy what he was doing. He reported that he was measuring himself. That made me chuckle a little because Sammy never does anything without a purpose. This could have had something to do with rides at Disney that he's anticipating being tall enough to ride or how deep into the pool he'll be able to stand. Who knows?! Kisses and hugs and snuggles to Aidan and Noah then off to investigate.

Me: so, how tall are you?

Sammy: four feet, three inches



(stunned silence)



I knew he'd had a growth spurt. He is noticeably taller. And now, he's exactly one foot shorter than me!


This revelation, coupled with formal announcement that Aidan and Noah are eligible to go to sleep away camp this summer and this girl is having a moment.

A moment that is making me even more anxious to snuggle the bundle of sweet baby tre. As much as I'm looking forward to meeting him/her, I really hope he/she hangs out just until this mess goes away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home