Whoa Mama

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

In the spirit of the holidays

Since fun, entertaining bloggers seem to be taking the holidays off. I’m trying to be more regular.

My story of the day is of my sweet son with a good soul. I was trying to prep Sam for the Gingerbread Shop, the insane event during which the school releases kids and their cash to go Christmas shopping for air fresheners, whistles and coffee mugs. I was explaining that we were making a list for people he was shopping for and suggesting gifts he might find. He said, “and then I will give those presents to kids who don’t have any.”

Totally different conversation:

Me: We are going to the grocery store after school. We are going to get some groceries for families that don’t have enough food.

Sam: Grandma doesn’t have enough food in her refrigerator.

Me: That’s because Grandma doesn’t like the grocery store, not because she can’t buy her own.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM , Blogger Esther said...

That made me laugh out loud. He is his uncle's nephew!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home