Whoa Mama

Friday, March 30, 2007

Calling Heather Locklear circa TJ Hooker

As a mom and fake blond, I am always aware of things like how current is my hair and how bad are my roots. When I was pregnant with Sam, I discovered my hair savior, Stacia. Stacia introduced me to foils and she did them well. So well, in fact that my skull would hurt because she pressed the sheets so hard into my head. Then there was Salon Ron, who encouraged au naturel brun. We toyed with a softer darker look for a while until I made him go back to foils. Enter Charlotte, who is sassy and makes magic with her scissors. All in all, as long as I'm not lazy, my hair has the potential every day to not reflect my profession. (Read as: sometimes it is still in a ponytail)

The other day, I got drawn into one of the headlines on MSN. "Long Hair Styles of the Season". Ooooo. Fun. There were 32 pictures, which let's face it did not leave out much. This was number 16. Now I know the 80s are making so wacky comeback (tunics and leggings, 'nuf said), but what about this brassy, overprocessed pouf says I am hip?!?!? I can't even touch the make up!!





1 Comments:

At 8:50 PM , Blogger jules said...

You know what this makes me think of?

"Here I go again on my own..Goin' down the only road I've never known...like a drifter I was born to walk alone..."

When a hairstyle makes you think of Whitesnake, run like hell!

Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home