Whoa Mama

Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm A Big Girl Now

BufBloPoFo suggests that we share about our homes. Scott & I have moved a grand total of eight times in 13 years. I can add four more points of mail receipt prior to that. Not something I'm really tickled about as an aggregate number, but we do what we've got to do, right?

My very first big girl apartment was a studio with a California bed that rolled away into the wall and became a couch in Marlborough, MA. I had gotten my first big girl job complete with full medical and dental benefits, packed all of my belongings into my 1987 Nissan Sentra, my first big girl car and moved to Massachusetts. I promptly realized that my big girl job paid way little money and got introduced to the concept of overtime and embraced the all the joys that the Sears Portrait Studio had to offer.

After three glorious months with a little balcony, community vacuum, mini-fridge, hot place and ex-convict neighbor, I moved on to the spacious digs on Brown Street, big enough to house a full sized Christmas tree and dining room table. Ah luxury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home