Whoa Mama

Thursday, March 06, 2008

la la la la la bamba

Remember in the late 80s when La Bamba came out and solidified the careers of Lou Diamond Phillips and Los Lobos? Everyone with a radio thought that not only did they know Spanish, but that they could sing along with Ritchie Valens. I confess. With my rooster bangs and acid washed jeans, I was singing right along. Not one of my more proud moments. Then again, that applies to most of the late 80's, especially pertaining to fashion.

Fast forward 2 decades to witness two nearly-four year olds singing the theme song to Diego the Animal Rescuer. For those of you who haven't heard the ditty, it begins with Alicia, Diego's sister gently singing the animals awake. Enter the dulcet tones of Aidan and Noah cooing, "Buenos Dioas" [can't spell it - I'm a francophone]. Noah actually tilts his head up to the heavens with a little head shake for emphasis.

Then, the tempo changes into Diego's introduction, sung in Spanish by a crowd of adoring children. Aidan & Noah scream at the top of their lungs, in something that I believe to be "Hello and Good Morning". Really, it could mean "hello little animals, eat the young of all beings on two feet". My brainwashed children string together their version of Diego's theme with gleeful and enthusiasm and shear ignorance.

Just wait until Mr. Kent gets ahold of 'em!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leah, I may have a picture of you and your cool jeans.....Col

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home